Custom Search

Friday, December 11, 2009

Being jobless sucks but not as bad as I thought

My contract with WB ended on Oct 31st. I remember it clearly, even though I knew it was coming and did my best to prepare for it, it still hit me pretty hard. I didn't quite freak out but it was close. I have always been defined by what I do and how I do it, so being jobless made me feel really worthless. I know that is pretty bad because there are more things to life then being a recovering workaholic, but that thought didn't make me any feel better. Luckily I have been preoccuppied with being in love with Bill, otherwise I think I might have gone slighlty crazy. I'm not suprised that I can't find a job, but I'm a little worried because for my whole life jobs have pretty much fallen in my lap and this time it hasn't.

I have never taken a vacation between new jobs, so this time I made up my mind that I would take a much needed vacation after my contract ended. I figured I would start seriously looking for a job at the beginning of the year. I made up my mind that I would put being jobless of out my mind for the 2 months before the new year. So far I have been pretty successful and have really enjoyed my time off and spending it with Bill. Since my last day in Oct, we have stayed at Disney for 2 weeks, went to Laughlin, Sedona and back to Disney. So even though I'm jobless, which sucks and I've let it come into my thoughts a few times in the last couple of months, I've really enjoyed the downtime and spending it with Bill. If I'm not careful I could get used to this, because being jobless isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search