Custom Search

Monday, January 26, 2009

My blogging goal for the rest of the year

Ever since I joined the Army I have kept a journal of what I do everyday, though I've never been really consistent with it. I would start one and write in it everyday for a couple of months, then would get busy and forget or just didn't do it, then a couple of months later, I would start it up again. I'm not sure why I started doing this but I think its because I wanted to document what I went through in the army or maybe it was out of boredom when I was on guard duty. Anyway, I still have my journal from basic training, and since I'm getting old and I'm starting to forget stuff, its kind of cool that I have this journal and I can go back and re-live what I went through so many years ago. I read it a few years back and was bummed that I stopped halfway through basic training, I had forgotten what an ordeal it was and I'm amazed that I actually accomplished some of the stuff we did. The journal proved that I didn't just dream about it.

This brings me to my blogging goal for the year. I'm going to attempt to update this blog everyday until the end of the year. I know this is an ambitous goal but I'm going to try anyway. That means I only have 342 more posts until the end of the year, hmm, that doesn't seem so bad.. Well, I didn't say it had to be a long post maybe just a blurb if life is boring that day. I figure this is going to come in real handy when I'm really old and I want to remember stuff, unless the Google blog server dies and all my blogs get deleted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne!
I love this idea! I'm not that good at blogging frequently, but I'm trying to get better. I do have a goal to do something creative every day for 2009-most of the time that will manifest itself as taking a photo daily (you can see them here: www.flickr.com/photos/justplainhope )
I think this is a great goal! Good luck!

StuckOnMinis said...

Hey Hope,

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate your input and value your opinion. I checked out the pictures you took, and I have to say they are awesome!!! you have a great eye!!!

Good luck with your endeavor, we should stick together and make sure that we fulfill our goal. We can do it!!

Thanks Again,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo! It's funny about your journals and how they bring the past! Eddy and I were cleaning out the garage and we found some old letters I wrote to him when we were dating and they were soooooo stupid! lol

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search