Custom Search

Saturday, March 28, 2009

AMVIV Temple Bar (Hoover Dam) run

Another back dated post, but now I'm caught up.

We woke up before the alarm clock on Friday and was ready to start our day. Thank goodness the heavy winds had died down. We got to the Palace Station and Robert (TwistyBitz) was already there and setting up his booth. He helped us put up our tent and immediately people started coming over to buy stickers. We were still setting up at the time so we were all little unorganized, but eventually got into sync. I really wanted to go on the Temple Bar run because I had never seen the Hoover Dam before. So my Aunt told me she would man the tent while I went on the run.

Well, I have never driven a regular cooper in manual transmission before and I had told one of the club members the night before that I wanted to test drive one. She offered to let me drive her Justacooper in the Temple Bar run, because she wanted to go but she didn't want to drive. So we headed off with approx 110 Minis to Hoover Dam in Lee Ann's cooper. It took a little while to get used to the difference between my 07 MCS and her 04 cooper. I almost stalled out (how embarrasing) a few times. The run was a blasst, and Hoover Dam was amazing. It was so nice of Lee Ann to let me drive her car, I'm so wierd and don't like anyone driving my car, so it was extra nice of her to let me drive hers.

We got back sold alot of stickers then went out with several Maniacs to this awesome Mexican restaraunt. Then we did the famous Las Vegas strip cruise. Can you imaged almost 4oo Minis jam packing the strip? It was a fun tiring day!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search