Custom Search

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Have a scheduled work production outage

I have a scheduled outage today, actually I'm now in the middle of upgrading our 55 production AIX servers from TL7 to TL8. Luckily there are 3 of us, so I only have to do 18 of them. 2 weeks ago it took me 8 hours to upgrade 18 QA servers with Centrify and AIX, that was a long night because I had to do it by myself, plus I was oncall, so you get all these calls while your trying to do your work, it takes twice as long to get anything done. Since I'm not the oncall tonight and just a worker bee, I'm now wrapping it up, plus we didn't have to upgrade the stupid Centrify which saved me about 4 hours of work. I can't believe we finished before midnight... Yeah now I can focus the rest my weekend on getting organized for AMVIV which is in 4 days....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search