Custom Search

Friday, March 27, 2009

Too windy to set up tent at AMVIV

I'm going to cheat a little and back date this post. I know it's cheating about my 1 post a day resolution, but the only reason why I didn't post was because there wasn't enough time in the day, not because I didn't have anything to say.

Ok, I'm back on topic now. Well our early morning caravan got into Vegas in pretty good time, and we rolled into the Palace Station at around 11:30 however, there weren't too many people around the top of the parking structure due to the 50mph winds and freezing weather (I might be exagerating a little about the freezing part). We checked in and asked the other vendors what they were going to do and they all said they were packing up and leaving. Someones tent had blown around and hit a Mini, so we didn't want to take a chance of injuring another MINI.

Geez, I was sooo bummed because I was really looking forward to setting up and starting my first AMVIV experience. Since it was so miserable on the top deck we decided to go check in at the timeshare, Sue wanted to see the it, so she came with us to check out the new place and was really impressed, it was the first time I'd ever been there since they moved from the old location.

We goofed off for a little while then went back to take a nap considering we woke up so early... That night, SCMM (SoCal Mini Maniacs) hosted a pizza party that was supossed to be on the top deck but it was still too windy so the Palace Station graciously gave us a conference room to host our club party.. Wow George always finds the best pizza places wherever we are at, it was so yummy and as usual it was really nice to hang out with the Maniacs. We left early and headed back to the timeshare so we could go to bed early and get an early start on Friday. I was hoping that Friday the wind would die down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search