Custom Search

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2 of my friends are in the hospital

In the past 2 weeks I found out 2 of my friends are sick and in the hospital, both of them have cancer. I am so sad about this..I wasn't going to write about it, but I wanted them to know that I am thinking and praying for both of them. The last time I saw my friend Edgar was at George's Christmas Concert, I hadn't seen him in awhile and it was really nice to see him. I did not notice anything different about him. George told me a couple of weeks ago that Edgar was diagnosed with Lymphoma and that it had spread to his bones, stomach spleen etc and that he is in isolation and can't even start chemo until they get him stabilized. They think he's had it for awhile now. The doctors are confident that once he starts chemo that he should be able to recover.... I am hoping and praying that they will be able to kill the cancer cells.

My other long time Army friend, Nancy was in the hospital last week and was released on Sunday after her surgery to remove a cancerous something.. Her husband called me early this morning to tell me that they had to go the emergency room this morning due to complications.. They found a big blood clot between her liver and her heart. He sounded so worried and I know he was, and needed to talk to someone. I told him that she is in good hands and the doctors will take care of her.

I'm sending out my thoughts and prayers to them both and I hope they will recover and get better soon, I can't bear to lose another person I love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search