Custom Search

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today was a fun day - Not!!!

Today was not a good day, it started off with the water overflowing everywhere. No problem, I figure I'll call a plumber and he can snake the line and cap off the open clean out sewer pipe (thats a whole other story). I call Service Magic (This service is awesome) and they recommend Red Lilly Plumbing, they have a 4.6 star rating and are in my neighborhood. They quote me a price of $89.95 to snake the line, which is a fair price.

The guy gets here, and proceeds to snake the line, but the snake gets stuck, that is not a good sign. He finally gets the snake out and it is entangled with roots, in the mean time the water is still there and not draining at all.

Well after all is said and done, I find out the the main sewer line from my house to the street needs to be replaced at a cost of $3800.00, he did give me a discount and it will end up costing me $3500. not too bad considering the plumber that came before him quoted me a price of $8000 and he never came back to finish the job he started several months ago.

They had to dig down approx 13 ft, 3 feet of that was under the retaining wall and sidewalk, then they will replace the pipe tomorrow. So far these guys are awesome, they are fast, really willing to work with you, and their prices are fair...

So as of now, I can't use the water, toilet etc. so me and Niki are going to have to camp out at my moms house tonight and I'll be $3500 poorer tomorrow. All in all not a fun day...

2 comments:

RB said...

Gad Girl that's the shits...... ;-) Ah the joys of ownership.

I see you have less of those fun things on your website now.

hang in there and see you Saturday nite.

StuckOnMinis said...

I know huh? That's the problem, when there are no MINI activities, there's no fun =o(..

I can't wait until AMVIV and the summer starts, SCMM has so many activities planned for this summer.. Once summer's here, Woodstock and me will have more happy stuff to add to the blog =o)

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search